Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birthday season begins here and more

His birthday present from us, he LOVES it!




This past weekend we celebrated Gabriel's second birthday anniversary. I don't like to call them "Birthdays" because we all only ever have one real birthday. Friday September 21st was Gabriel's official birthday anniversary. Prob,Gabriel,Dominique and myself celebrated by going to a place called Pump it up.The big kids were at school. This place is a kids dream with many giant inflatable bounce houses, slides and mazes. It was his first time there and though cautious at first, it didn't take him long to discover the fun!

Sunday we had a family party at our house. Lots of family and a few friends came over to celebrate Gabriel. Olivia and I made a pinata for the party since Gabriel loves candy! I really enjoyed making the pinata as it gave Olivia and I something to do together and I always feel like handmade things for the ones you love are just that much more meaningful (not to mention at times much more affordable.)

Dominique's newest favorite thing to do, climb in the car bin
 Gabriel's festivities are just the beginning around here since all of our children have close birthdays with the next 3 in October. It gets a bit overwhelming with so much going on this time of year.

 Right now I am also working on some tough love with both my little guys. I can tell you im sure its harder on me than on them and I just hate it. This is definitely something that needs to be done in order to establish some peace around here, mainly for me. A few things we are working on are; weaning Gabriel, teaching Dom to self soothe during nap and Gabriel to stay in bed at bedtime. More on these things later.

In my last blog post we were in the process of hopefully getting into a new home since we have more than outgrown our current one. With a lot of wasted effort on our part, it doesn't look like it will happen until next fall. I am so sad and defeated feeling about the whole situation, this was all I wanted for our family. The whole time though I guess I have been feeling like we could make this happen since we wanted it so bad. I think im finally realizing that I didn't leave it in God's hands and that is the problem. I know God has a plan for us and just because we want this NOW, he knows when the time will be right and I have to be ok with that.
Rome's first flag FB game
His first visit to the dentist

With that said more organizing, donating and rearranging has to happen so I can keep my sanity. One project I did yesterday was make a craft area in the basement just for Olivia. A place she can go where no one will disturb her. A place if only small where she can create without little brothers(or a big one) bothering her or her creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment