Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HOT HOT Summer-Finally!

The weather here has been hot and humid lately, I do not mind at all! It seemed that we would never get a summer this year and now here it is full strength, it has been in the upper 90's with a heat index of 105-115! We finally upgraded our little plastic baby pool to a more appropriate size for an 11 and 8 year old. They love it so much and have been taking full advantage of the weather to use it.

Little Gabriel will be 10 months this Thursday, cant believe it! I enjoy everyday watching him grow and learn new things. He is now crawling at full speed, pulling up to standing and his newest milestone is standing without holding on to anything. I am quite sure he will walk before his first birthday. He is such a strong willed little boy and wants to do everything for himself. He has let us know lately that baby food and being fed by us just isn't going to happen anymore, so our biggest challenge has been finding good things he can feed himself that are soft enough ( since he has yet to get any teeth) but easy enough for him to pick up. Its been a bit hard.


I planted a few different vegetables and herbs this year and they are doing very well considering they are in big pots. My first few tomatoes are turning red and I cant wait to make pico de gallo salsa and eat warm tomatoes fresh off the plant, my absolute favorite! My mint plant is huge so I am going to have to make fresh spring rolls and start drying some for winter. I love summer and am not going to complain about the heat, after all before we know it , there will be snow on the ground once again and we will be longing for these dog days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment