Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So Far so Good

Since I haven't blogged in awhile let me start by catching you up on this crazy pregnancy. We are now at 26 weeks. I can't believe how fast the time is going by. At 15 weeks we had an amniocentesis and found out that the baby does infact have the E antigen that my body is making such high antibodies against. The name of the condition is Anti-E alloimmunization. Since then we have been going to the doctor about every 10-14 days for ultrasounds to measure blood velocity in an artery in the baby's brain to see if any signs of anemia are apparent. So far all of our appointments have resulted in good news. Starting at 28 weeks we have to go in every 7 days for fetal non-stress testing on top of our ultrasounds and regular ob checkups.

I am in good spirits about it all still and know that what we have to do is what we have to do for a healthy baby. I have been getting quite uncomfortable early on though so I do dream of the day when my body has a chance to recover from being pregnant for what seems like so long, I actually don't even feel like I had a 4 month break inbetween. I look forward to next summer when I have no restrictions and have my wonderful family all here, healthy, to enjoy it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment