Thursday, August 25, 2011

A weekend with Grandma

This past weekend my mother had planned for my niece and nephew from Brainerd to visit and spend the weekend with her. She decided to make it a fun filled weekend with our 2 oldest as well. Saturday she also watched Gabriel for the afternoon and Evening so that Prob and I could attend a wedding for an old friend of mine.

Our 2 eldest children spent 3 nights in a row over at Grandmas, which was the longest we had ever had them away from home. I had forgotten how very easy it is with just one child to take care of. The peace and quiet was nice and a break was much needed from the everyday battles of older siblings but I think Gabriel missed them and was wondering where they were.

The children had a great time with their cousins and Romeo and Olivia have always loved spending time with my mother. They went to a waterpark on Friday, Minnehaha falls Saturday and we all went to the pool on Sunday. In between all of that Grandma rented them movies, made them good meals and kept them busy with arts and craft projects.






I feel very lucky that my children have my mother who is very hands on with them. She always makes an effort to spend time with them and esteem them as individuals. She is really the only grandparent they have that plays an active role in their lives and one of the only people I can always count on and trust to help us with them and I don't know what we'd do without her. Thanks Mom for being a really good Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment