Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nesting, Meals for a week and more Nesting

In the past few weeks I went from not wanting to do anything, into a cleaning, organizing, donating, planning frenzy. I am getting so much done its nuts. I am very happy with the results of all of this but I realize I am really overdoing it because I am swollen and my feet and legs have been hurting pretty bad. I  feel like I am on a roll though and cannot seem to stop myself. In the midst of it all I have been thinking about how I could make mealtime easier on myself. Alot of the days I feel overwhelmed with deciding on what to make for lunch and dinner and then realizing I don't having everything i need on hand. I usually end up at the store most days picking up some ingredient I need and that gets very stressful, especially when I have three kids in tow on top of being uncomfortably pregnant now.

I decided to try planning all of our lunch and dinner meals for a week, compiling a shopping list of all the needed ingredients and going shopping just one time a week for everything. I did that Sunday, made my trip to the store alone that evening and started the menu yesterday. So far I already feel good about it and hope I can keep it up. Today on the menu was homemade chicken nuggets and French fries for lunch.  For dinner I have cooking in the slow cooker Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches at Romeo's request. I love slow cooker meals because you start them in the morning and don't have to think about dinner til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment