Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Welcome back sleep...we missed you

"You will live to sleep again". That was something I read in a parenting book and thought was pretty funny because I knew it was true but sometimes you feel so exhausted with a new baby that you do feel there are days that you won't make it. For about the last four nights we are sleeping well once again. Gabriel is only getting up once at night now and Prob and I take turns so that each of us is now getting a full nights sleep every other night. It's wonderful to wake up feeling refreshed and have the energy to be productive. I have a lot of things to tackle that I haven't had the energy for, like a mountain of laundry, cleaning the basement so that our new freezer has a good spot and just general cleaning. I am a very neat and organized person and the fact that I have been slacking on these things really doesn't sit well with me because I feel like if my house is messy and unorganized, I feel messy and unorganized.

Also on the list, ICE SKATING since every day I get asked about 100 times when we are going again and yesterday we got the children's skates sharpened so I can't use that as an excuse not to go. The one thing I did get done already was that I put away all the Christmas stuff already so I'm glad to not have that to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment