Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Girl Scout Encampment

This past Saturday Olivia's girlscout troop went to the annual encampment at camp lakamaga for a day of fun with other girlscout troops from around the cities. They exchanged pins and did a bunch of different outdoor activities. Prob was a volunteered driver for the troop and spent the day surrounded by hundreds of women and girls and only a few men, what a brave and good daddy! Here are some pictures he took.
Snowshoeing

cross country skiing


The troop learning survival methods
While they were doing that, Romeo, Gabriel and I had a mother/son day and went out for lunch and got a chance to just chat and reconnect, we actually had a lot of that this past week since he was home from school sick for 3 days. It was sweet though, he just kept telling me how much he loves me and thanking me for all the spoiling I did to him while he was home. It helped me to realize that we really need to remember to esteem our children as individuals and often.

Otherwise the week and weekend consisted of our normal routine with the addition of our new "son" Robert (Romeo's friend) who practically lives here these days. I'm sure glad I don't have two boys close in age all the time because it gets quite rowdy around here and I am constantly worried someone is going to get hurt with all the wrestling and boy games. Oh well, I'm glad Romeo has someone his age and gender to hang out with.

A new recipe we tried this week was zesty minestrone in the crockpot from kraft recipes, which we weren't too fond of so I wont share that one. I did make chicken stir fry last night which is a favorite in our house and Prob's very own recipe.


Chicken Stir Fry

INGREDIENTS

  • Chicken breast cubed ( how many you want to make)
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp oil
  • fresh or frozen vegtables of your choice
  • oyster sauce to your taste
In frying pan or wok add oil, garlic, sugar and cook until garlic is slightly brown, add chicken and oyster sauce. Cook until chicken is cooked through, add vegtables. Cook until vegtables are tender to your liking. Serve with white rice. Beef is also good with this recipe.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment