Monday, January 10, 2011

Productive weekend

Saturday was the day. I couldn't take walking down in the basement anymore and looking at all the stuff we have accumulated over the years and the disastrous mess it had become in the past few months. When I was 8 months pregnant I cleaned the entire basement, but with children, we all know things don't stay that way. It always seems like so much more fun for them to play in a space that you've just cleaned too. So I left the baby in daddy's care and while Romeo played outside with his friend, Olivia and I started our 8 hour cleaning, organizing and bagging things for the goodwill task.( Olivia more entertained me with her singing and objections to every little thing I tried to donate). Luckily when she wasn't looking a lot of things ended up in those thrift store bags. She'll never miss them, I guarantee (:











I like to clean and organize well I guess its not that I like to clean but rather that I like the results and I am good at it. But once I start, I don't stop. So after the basement, I cleaned the kitchen cupboard, the silverware drawer and put together the baby's highchair. Today Romeo stayed home sick from school so after we dropped Olivia off we brought about 10 bags to the goodwill. The last few things to get out of the basement are 2 old TVs and a broken computer which I think I will take to recycle once daddy gets off work. Ah, it feels so good to get things done that are on your mind, I love it.




We also went and visited a new church because the pastor had stopped by and invited us. It was a very small church but the message was good and uplifting and Olivia absolutely loved their Sunday school class, she was begging me to go back next weekend, we'll see. Here is their website, they are asking for prayers for a new building so keep them in mind, Thanks. http://northlandbaptistchurch.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

So today I'm spending the day with my boys, life is good, Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment