Thursday, September 2, 2010

Babysitting and New Teachers

Today the children and I watched my best friend of 20 years daughter who is 14 months old. She is such a little sweetheart and my children always get really excited when we get asked to watch her. We haven't watched her since she has been able to walk until today and boy did that remind me how much work they are when they are that age. I did have a lot and I mean a lot of help from my children though and it made me happy to know that they will be wonderful to their new brother when he arrives.
 I also got a chance to see that my dogs really aren't very comfortable around a baby which was something I have been worried about since they have had no experience with babies considering we got our oldest dog when our youngest was 6. I guess they will adjust with time but we are going to have to be extra careful at first when we bring our new baby home.

This evening was also the time that we got to go to school to drop off all of the children's supplies and meet their new teachers for the year. Olivia was happy with the teacher she got and one of the big reasons was because they get to have desks instead of tables(I thought that was a funny but cute, definitely not unimportant reason when you've never had a desk lol). Romeo wished that he could have been in one of the male teachers classes because he has not ever had a male teacher but he ended up in the female teachers class, oh well, she seems nice and after meeting her he is excited to start back to school next week.
 I am excited for them too, because every time I go to their school it reminds me why I decided to sacrifice to drive them 15 minutes there and back 2 times every day in traffic rather than just sending them on a bus to a school nearby. It's because when I get into the neighborhood its like a community exists that is untouched by all the bad things in the world, where everyone has a smile on their face and everyone greets everyone with a sincere hello, its a place where family involvement is important and children remain innocent.When you walk into the school it has a certain feeling of safety and peace, and all these things are exactly what I wanted in a school for my children. I couldn't be happier!


No comments:

Post a Comment